Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Posted by policemen at 4:58 PM
This ranking is based on our personal taste which is also based on quality of story, acting, production, relevance, originality and attractiveness to viewers.
1. Habang May Buhay is by far the best primetime show on Philippine TV these days. The plot is so beautifully complex. The show is realistic and very much relevant because of its "medical" or "nursing" factor. The acting is also superb. The characters are so real. Plus, we haven't seen a Pinoy show quite similar to it.
2. Tanging Yaman. This might spur lots of debate but yeah, we think this Erich-Enchong show is the second best primetime show. Why? It's perfect for its timeslot which is before a news program because the show deals with politics. Jodi, Agot and Mylene are doing very well here. Their acting prowess compensates for the amateurish acting of Ejay. Meanwhile, Erich, Enchong, Melissa, and Matt are playing their roles very well.
3. Kung Tayo'y Magkakalayo is BIG in many ways so it gets third place. KTM has a BIG cast, BIG production and BIG scope. It has very interesting characters from Coco Martin's bipolar role to Maricar Reyes' simple wife/teacher part. The addition of Miriam and Gabby de la Merced are very much welcome and added more interest to the show. Like Tayong Dalawa, Kim and Gerald are being helped by their amazing supporting cast in order for the show not to turn into a cheap romantic teleserye. The show covers a lot of topics from marriage problems, family life, young love to the complicated world of crime and law. This show should have been second but it's too reminiscent of Tayong Dalawa that it fell a little bit below Tanging Yaman.
4. Agua Bendita is fourth in our list thanks to its very strong impact to viewers. Since the show started, we always hear people talk about Bendita's popular "freak" dialogue and how they wish the two never grew up. Although this is just a remake, it's positive content makes it standout. The show's main viewers are kids and it's good to know that kids are watching the likes of Agua who is a very good role model and not some violence-oriented kid show.
5. Rubi and Diva tie for the fifth place. Sure we love Angelica's portrayal of Rubi and everything but we also like Diva because it is interesting to watch and unlike many GMA shows, Diva can really bring out emotions.
6. First Time is at 6th place because it's really new and refreshing although the story lacks depth and the acting of the cast is not really excellent. The show is fun to watch but it's too Korean-ish to us and the characters lack authenticity.
7. Panday Kids - Sure the effects are bad and the war/fighting theme is not good for kids but at least this show is really Pinoy. We commend Marvin Agustin's acting in this project.
8. Unfortunately, The Last Prince is also our Last Choice. Sigh. The effects are very disappointing. It's like watching Wansapanataym. The story is problematic. It's like, what's the point? The acting of the main stars is also not good enough. The only good thing about this show is the good-looks of the cast. But still, seeing those beautiful faces and physiques won't make us want to watch a show as poorly created as this.
Sorry. Do you agree with our list? How bout making your own and posting it as a comment?
photo courtesy of abs-cbn.com